The childcare sector of Australia is considered the most sought-after right now. Do you want to study in Australia and thrive in the childcare industry of the nation? If your reply is yes, then apply for any of the best child care courses in Australia. There will be 184, 000 job prospects in the childcare industry of Australia within the next 5 years. This is because of the cumulative increase in the Australian population and the need to resume work after maternity leave.
Who is a childcare worker?
Childcare workers are basically qualified professionals who look after small children when their parents are preoccupied for any reason. A childcare worker can work in different types of childcare settings. These include crèches, early learning centres, childcare centres as well as nurseries. Although, working as a childcare worker is quite pleasurable, but, it is quite responsible at the same time. The childcare workers have to manage a range of crucial roles efficiently at his/her childcare organization. So, let’s know quickly about those roles and responsibilities.
The roles and responsibilities of a childcare worker
So, following are the roles and responsibilities which every childcare worker in Australia can expect to manage:
- Ability to work in a team: Any childcare organization in Australia is comprised of a team of childcare personnel. So, if you want to work as a childcare worker efficiently, then, you must be comfortable to work collectively. This will ascertain the effective management and coordination of each of the tasks of your childcare organization.
- Compliance with legal norms: As a childcare worker, you must also abide by the code of ethics pertaining to Australia’s childcare sector. This way you can ensure the absolute safety and health of the children of your childcare organization.
- Capacity to conduct a diverse range of activities: When working as a childcarer, there will be a variety of activities which you need to manage efficiently. These include preparation of meals and games and conduction of various childcare activities etc. At times, you might have to partake directly in a couple of activities with the children. Say, for instance, playing different types of games with the kids etc. Other times, you might need to manage a much more responsible supervisory role when the kids interact with each other.
- Zeal to work in different childcare settings: The role of a childcare worker varies reasonably according to his/her qualifications. This requires you to take care of either young kids or toddlers in a wide variety of childcare setups. Your chief role will be to support these children intellectually, physically, socially and academically at your concerned childcare organization.
So, to work as a childcare worker in Australia, complete a prospective childcare course offered by the nation.
What are the different childcare courses in Australia?
Currently, there are two childcare courses offered in Australia, which are in the greatest demand amongst overseas applicants. These include the Certificate III in early childhood education and care and diploma of early childhood education and childcare course. A comprehensive understanding of each of these courses can be considered below.
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (COURSE CODE CHC30113 | CRICOS CODE 095583G)
The certificate III in early childhood education and care is considered one of the best vocational courses in Australia now. This course has been designed for people who wish to work in a range of early childhood education settings. Completion of this course also helps you to comply with the rules and regulations of certain external bodies. These include the National Quality Standard as well as the Education and Care Services National Regulations.
Things to learn
You will learn the following things while studying the course of certificate 3 in childcare from Perth, Australia:
- Way to provide first aid to children
- Methods of providing care to preschool, school-aged-children and infants and
- Ascertainment of proper health and safety both for oneself and the children
Successful completion of this course will let you work as a Nanny in Australia.
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Child Care Course (Course Code CHC50113 | Cricos Code 095584)
After the completion of the certificate iii in early childhood education and care, you must apply for this course. People who are passionate about designing and executing curriculum within early childhood education and care settings can apply.
Things to learn
When studying the course of Diploma in Childcare, you can expect to learn the things given below.
- Optimization of sustainable strategies to ensure effective service organizations.
- Designing and executing a curriculum for kids to aid them in their process of learning and development.
- Effectual application of first aid.
- Maintenance of safety and health for oneself and children
- Ways of giving care to preschool kids, school-aged kids and that of infants.
The accomplishment of this course, allows you to manage job roles like Centre Manager (Children’s Services) and Family Day Care Coordinator.
Let’s Wrap Up!
So, don’t waste time anymore! Apply for any of these childcare courses today and fulfil your dream of working as a potential Australian childcare worker.