Have you ever wondered why people go as far as hiring professional carpet cleaners for their carpet when they can just rent the needed machinery and do it themselves? This seems to be a question in the minds of so many.
Suppose your carpet is soaked with dirt or animal poop, you probably might want to opt for the DIY method. If you are out to get the best Carpet cleaning in London, then hiring the professionals is the way to go. Be certain that there is a fat line between hiring a professional cleaner and carrying out the cleaning process by yourself. The result is always glaring!
We have carefully outlined all that carpet cleaning entails in this article. Here are a few things you need to know before hiring a professional carpet cleaner to clean your carpets.
Also Read: Benefits of Bone Broth
What A Professional Cleaner Does
Hiring a professional cleaner has a lot of advantages over a handyman or DIY. First, the professional has more expertise in handling your carpet and is trained to attend to the need of every brand. This includes laying more emphasis on the fabric type, stains, and water damages
They also possess all the right tools that ensure the result comes out perfectly. Using high-end tools such as those needed for steam cleaning and extraction ensures the project is completed swiftly, and errors are also minimised.
What’s Steam Cleaning?
This is a modern cleaning method used by professional cleaning brands in London. Although most homeowners have been led to believe the cleaning process utilises steam, the actual cleaning is far from what’s propagated. Oddly, the actual cleaning involves using hot water rather than steam to get rid of the stain and dirt dwelling underneath.
Steam cleaning is carried out in three easy steps
- It commences with preconditioning. Here, the cleaner preps the surface of the carpet with a solution. Depending on the type of fabric used, the carpet might be bristled with a brush to loosen the fabric and increases carpet absorption.
- With the help of a high-pressure hose connected to a truck, the cleaner wets the carpet with hot steamy water, usually above 200 degrees Celsius
- Next, the left-over solution and moisture are dispatched. Hidden stains and dirt are evacuated completely, and the carpet is left to dry for some hours.
How Much Does Carpet Cleaning Cost?
Most homeowners are of the school of thought that carpet cleaning service is expensive. Due to this factor, those on a budget prefer to do the actual cleaning themself. Indeed, giving your carpet a clean swipe doesn’t have to be expensive. It depends on the length of your carpet.
Most cleaning companies determine their cost using per square feet. In London, 1 square foot ranges from 20 – 30 cents. Using this analogy, expect to pay nothing less than $100 if you’re cleaning a carpet of 500 square feet at the rate of 20 cents per square feet.
There are cases where you will be charged extra. This happens if your chosen company charges additional fees for moving furniture, stairs cleaning and severe odour removal.
How Long Does the Cleaning Phase Last
Depending on the size of your room, the cleaning process can last for approximately 20 minutes for medium-sized rooms. This increases as the number of rooms go up. Logically, the more rooms you have to be cleaned, the longer it will take.
How Long Does it Take The Carpet To Dry
Most carpets do not take longer than 24 hours to dry. But it could be less, depending on the nature of the fabric as well as the amount of water used. However, this is also influenced by weather; hence, the cleaning should be done when there’s proper airflow such as during the winter.
Also, restricting movement when the carpet is still moist is important. By minimising contact, you will be able to prevent irritation from the chemicals used. In view of these points, here are a few things to consider while the carpet dries.
- You’re free to walk on the carpet but movement should be minimised. Ensure you don’t walk bare-footed. Remember to put on clean socks when walking around and keep animals as well as pets far from the wet carpet.
- Also, the drying phase can be hastened by inviting in more air and also turning your ceiling fan on.
Maintenance Tip For Your Carpet
After a professional cleaning, it’s important you maintain the present look of the carpet for a long time. Here are a few things you should look at doing to achieve that
- Immediately, dilute spills with water to loosen up the fabric. Next, vacuum to clear them out. Stubborn stains should be evacuated with a spot remover.
- Always place a foot-mat at the entrance of your house. This way, visitors can wipe their feet off before stepping inside.
- Vacuum at least three times a week to prevent dirt from settling underneath.
Finding a professional cleaning company could be as hard as trying to find a needle from a haystack. There are several cleaning companies, but only a few meet the standard criteria. Fortunately, Ryan Carpet Cleaning, a professional carpet cleaning company in London fulfills all your criteria regarding cleaning the carpets. We have dedicated staff, offer high-quality service and utilises high-end equipment at an affordable price.
Do reach out to our professional team today to put a new look to your carpets!