For individual money is precious and he keeps it safe with financial institutions similarly in an online world users’ data and personal information is important and WordPress helps keep it safe and secure. It is a content management system that cares for users’ security online and this is the reason why it is widely used for web development. Surely WordPress helps secure a website but in a world full of hackers, a single loophole can cost you a lot. In order to ensure site security, developers and the maintenance team should be careful with WordPress Website Maintenance and time-to-time updates and also with the optimization of server setup for WordPress use.
It is important that you use a setup that is 100% optimized so that you need not worry about your site because such sites are not only secure but also scalable. Scalability here means that WordPress has the capability of handling Millions of sites and thousands of users without any hindrance. With a website both security and scalability are important.
What is Scalable?
When we say scalable WordPress, it means that a web application is used widely by well-known organizations, businesses, and people with ease. Such websites can be said as scalable and can undergo changes and updates from time to time as per their user’s needs. When a website owner can easily extend his/her site with this WordPress flexible nature, they own a scalable website.
How the Security of WordPress can Breach?
- Brute Force attack: In general, hackers create such software which tries to find loopholes in your site. This software then tries different login usernames and password combinations in order to gain access to your Content Management System (CMS). That’s why it is always suggested not to keep passwords that are easily accessible. With a WordPress site, this can be controlled.
- Code Injection: Code injection is nothing but infecting site backend data with some venomous code which leads to disruption of files. It results in taking down the complete system. This can happen due to the negligent behavior of developers who are compromising with the site by keeping easy login credentials.
- Spam Attacks: Most common attacks are spam attacks, this is nothing but slowing down of site by adding a large number of spam comments in the database. In order to maintain WordPress Website Security, this must be monitored and controlled.
Preventive Measures to Protect our Site
- Update WordPress Versions: This is the most basic step that you can take to protect your site from unwanted attacks. By keeping your WordPress site updated you can add security because each update comes with new security features.
- Website Backup: Even if your site is hacked, the data must not be lost, in order to save your data either install a backup plugin or keep on backing up your WordPress files and data manually.
- Change the name of the admin user: By default, Word Press users get the name of admin. This is known by hackers and they try different combinations of passwords in order to get into your site.
That is why users should always use a unique username and also try to set a password not easy to guess.
It is important to maintain the security and scalability of a WordPress website so that one could save it from online breaches. This is a common service that is included in the Website Maintenance Service.
Developers can help update and maintain your WordPress website from time to time to maintain their security online.