Whether you are visiting Spain on an official trip or going for family vacations, it is always good to know little about Spain before you land there. The country offers so much to its travelers, be it its sandy beaches, lazy sunshine, pleasant weather, delicious food, thrilling adventures, or selection of private villas to rent with pool. Spain is a beautiful country and visiting Spain is a lifetime experience.
So, are you ready to explore Spain? Here are some tips and important information that you need to know-
- Language – One of the important things to learn about Spain is its language. Spanish people do speak English, but it is not widespread like in other countries. Here, people prefer to speak their official language, Spanish only. They may have a basic understanding of English language, but cannot speak much. Therefore, it is advisable to learn few common Spanish words to make communication easier. You can download Goggle translate app as well.
- Currency – Euro is the current currency of Spain. Have some money converted in advance before you visit Spain. Carrying a good amount of Euros right from boarding a flight is always a good idea. There are ATMs in the country, but you have to pay fees to use them. Do not expect that you can use foreign debit cards or credit cards in Spain without paying any extra amount as fees.
Also Read: Keto Diet For Beginners
- Weather – Spain has pleasant weather due to size and mountain ranges. North is wet and cold i.e. winter season from December to February whereas South is dry and hot i.e. summer season from June to September. Best time to visit Spain is April, May and September i.e. autumn season. Weather varies according to the region as well like Seville is one of the hottest cities of Spain. Make sure that you check weather for specific area where you are visiting and month, when you are visiting.
- Accommodation Options – You will find lots of options to stay in Spain, luxury hotels, holiday villas to rent, hostels, or campsites. You will surely find out perfect space according to your needs and preferences in Spain. But, if you are travelling in a group or with family, then private villas in Marbella is the best option for you. These luxury villas have all high end facilities to enjoy your stay. Choose your accommodation as per your needs, budget and requirements and book it in advance.
- Public Transport – Getting around in Spain is not difficult as the country is well connected with roads. Buses are the most common form of public transport and are relatively cheaper as well. Major Spanish cities like Madrid, Malaga, Barcelona, Seville are well connected with underground railway system (metros) offering quickest way to get around the city. Otherwise, you always have an option to rent a car. You can download public transport apps also to make your travel easier. Busbud, Omio, Alsa are some of the best apps to use in Spain.
- Spaniards eat late – Spanish mealtimes are different and little confusing. They eat breakfast from 7 AM to 9 AM, mid day morning snacks from 10:30 AM to 11 AM, lunch between 2 PM and 4 PM, and dinner starts after 9 PM. Many restaurants, even do not open before 2 PM for lunch and 9 PM for dinner. Further, many restaurants, even do not start cooking before time. If you are feeling hungry at noon time, then you are too late for morning tea or coffee and too early for lunch.
- Siesta Time – If you are planning to do some shopping or market surfing in the day time, especially from 1 PM to 4 PM, then change your plan. Yes! Many small shops, stores, restaurants and businesses close down for a break or afternoon nap, which is called Siesta. Many Spaniards, especially in smaller towns take a long lunch break. However, you may find some shops open in bigger cities or in malls or in supermarkets. But, still keep siesta time in mind while planning your day. Otherwise, it will be frustrating to visit the market and find shops closed.