Today, we have become so addicted to the internet being 24×7 available for surfing the web, streaming, gaming, and shopping that we can’t even think of living without it. If there is no internet connectivity, your daily routine will freeze and leads to frustration. Though most Linksys extenders issues are easily fixed, there is a need to aware of the troubleshooting fixes to do away with the device-related issue. In this how-to tutorial, we have covered all the troubleshooting fixes to resolve the most common issues related to your Linksys RE6500 extender password issues. Read on!
How to Change the Linksys RE6500 Extender SSID and Password?
This is one of the most common Linksys RE6500 extender issues faced by every user across the globe. You may be familiar with the fact that Linksys extender can be install without any hassle by making the use of RE6500 default login credentials. However, to keep your Linksys device safe from on-going threats, it is necessary to change the default admin details.
If you are not able to do the changes to your Linksys extender password, then here’s how to do it.
- Turn on your Linksys extender and connect it to your main router. Ensure to plug in your router and the RE6500 device into a working and damage-free wall socket.
- Open your preferred web browser on a computer or laptop and enter extender linksys com in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- Enter the Linksys RE6500 extender’s password into the respective fields. Once done, click on the Log In button.
- Locate the Administration option. Once found, click on Management.
- Enter your preferred Linksys extender’s admin password in the Extender Password field and re-enter it to confirm.
- At last, click on Save to apply the changes.
How to Fix Default Linksys Extender Password not Working Issue?
First and foremost, thoroughly check whether you have used the correct admin password for your linksys wifi extender setup. If everything seems to be fine, disable or turn off the installed applications on your device and try to access Linksys RE6500 setup and login page via extender.linksys.com. You are also suggested to disable all the third-party apps because sometimes these apps might conflict with the settings of your Linksys extender, resulting in no or poor internet connectivity.
READ ALSO| how to monitor employee internet usage
How to Reset Linksys Extender Password?
If you want to reset the Linksys extender password, then below are the steps you need to follow.
- On your computer or laptop, launch a web browser of your choice that is up-to-date.
- Once done, access the extender linksys com portal.
- Navigate to the Forgot Password option.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the email address.
- Enter the email address into the respective fields and click on OK or Submit.
- Open your email. You might receive a notification to change the Linksys extender’s password.
- Click on the link and then you will get the option to create a new password.
- Enter your new password and re-enter it to confirm. It is suggested – note down your Linksys extender password somewhere safe.
- Once you have created the new password for your Linksys extender, click on Save, Submit or Proceed.
This is how you can reset your Linksys extender’s password. You can use it for the Linksys extender setup process.
That’s all about how to fix issues related to your Linksys RE6500 extender password. In the event that you still can’t access the dashboard of your WiFi device due to password or login issues, feel free to get in touch with our experts for immediate assistance via comments.