These days the academic field is widely dispersed and the students can choose their career in whichever field they want. Every field has a career option whether it is fashion, psychology, humanities, home science etc. Candidates can choose whatever they have dreamt of and work on it with full passion. Also, the competition level is so high, that college needs to set an entrance exam for the candidates before admissions. Seats available are less than the candidate’s applications. Every college has its own certain criteria of choosing the candidates by setting an exam called ‘entrance exam’ for every field or course. The candidates are selected on the basis of marks or rank obtained. Also, every college has its benchmark depending upon the popularity and reputation of the institute or university. Lakhs of candidates appear for different entrance exams and compete to be selected.
Among all these fields, engineering is one of the most opted careers in India. Many aspirants dreamt of being an engineer, several entrance exams are held in India each year on national, state and university level. These entrance exams give the opportunity to get admission in well-known institutes of India. There are thousands of engineering institutes or colleges providing engineer courses and lakhs of students’ pass out as an engineer every year. Clearing a top entrance exam will provide you with the best of college and a best future. So as above said there are many entrance exams and one needs to choose which gives them a better option.
Following are some of the top engineering entrance exam of India:
- JEE Main- The Joint National Examination Main is a national-level entrance test that is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is conducted twice a year (January and April). The exam is held in a computer-based mode. This exam is the accepted by IIM, NIT and other well-known institutes of India.
- BITSAT- The Birla Institute of Technology and Science is a university-level engineering entrance exams and is held every year. All three campuses of BITS consider this entrance exam as the admission procedure. It is an objective-based question paper divided into four parts. Around 2000 applicants get selected for admission out of 2 lakh candidates approximately. Also, BITSAT online test series are available on various websites easily.
- MET- Manipal Academy for Higher Education conducts online entrance exams every year. It is a university-level examination which brings in 50,000 applications. The entrance exam is called MU OET and is 150 minutes long. It is also an objective-type entrance exam.
- VITEEE- The VIT University conducts university-level examinations and around 2 lakhs applicants apply for it every year. The exam is held online and is objective type. Its duration is 2.5 hours and contains 125 questions.
- SRMJEEE- The SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination is conducted by SRM institute. Around 1 lakh aspirants try this entrance out of which only 7000 get selected. It is an online and computer-based exam. It also contains 125 questions in its entrance.
So, all above are the top engineering entrance exams in India. All candidates can practice them online as various mock test papers are available like BITSAT mock test papers, or JEE main exam entrance test.