A Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 is meant for highly-skilled workers who are chosen by a state or a territory of Australia in an occupation where there is a shortage of skilled workers. This point-based visa permits the visa holder to work and study as well as stay with family members (spouse or de facto partner, children) in Australia permanently. The applicant should score a minimum of 65 points out of 100 in the Skilled Migration point test held in Australia and the applicant should get an invitation to apply for the visa as per the Skill Select Program. The Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 is also identified as State Nominated Visa.
As a Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 holders, there are certain things you can do and certain things you cannot. You need to be aware of the rules and conditions so that you do not end up violating the rules either intentionally or unintentionally and the visa getting canceled. Once your Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 is granted, it is mandatory to obey the rules and meet the conditions as mentioned below.
Also Read: Bone Broth Keto
Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 conditions
- You can study, work and live in Australia on a permanent basis
- You have the permission to sponsor family members so that they can come along with you
- Get enrolled in Medicare, the national healthcare scheme in Australia
- Avail social security assistance
- The visa allows you to pursue higher studies in Australia
- Travel to and fro from Australia within the first five years starting from the date on which the visa was granted
- Later on, you can apply for Australian citizenship if you fulfill the eligibility conditions
- You can live in Australia indefinitely. However, the traveling facility of the visa will not exist anymore following 5 years of the visa being granted. Once the 5 year period expires, a Resident Return Visa, subclass 155 and 157 will be required to return in Australia as a permanent resident.
- This visa can be applied from everywhere
- If you live in Australia continuously for 2 years and fulfil all the visa subclass 190 conditions and demonstrate that you are linked to the country because of personal relationships, business or culture, then your skilled visa subclass 190 will be granted for the next 5 years.
- If you intend to apply for citizenship, you need to stay in Australia for 4 successive years
- When you travel to Australia for the first time, it is mandatory that you are not married or in a de facto relationship.
- If you wish to include family members in your visa application, you must do so when you apply for the visa according to visa subclass 190 conditions. You can include them after lodging the visa application but make sure that you do so before any decision is taken by the authorities regarding your visa approval. The conditions of visa subclass 190 also apply to the family members of the visa holder. That means they will have the same rights and same restrictions as the visa holder.
Eligibility criteria for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190
To apply for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190, getting an invitation from the Australian government is necessary. To get an invitation, the following requirements must be met.
- Must have relevant experience in an occupation that is enlisted in either the Short Term Skilled Occupation List or the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List of Australia
- Must obtain the qualifying score in skill assessment of your nominated occupation as per the MLTSSL or STSOL
- An Australian State or Territory government must nominate your name
- The minimum age limit is 18 years and the maximum is 50 years
- Must have the required English language skills
- Satisfy health requirement
- Satisfy character requirement
- Must not owe any debt to the government of Australia
- The Australian Values Statement must be signed by you
- No previous record of visa cancellation or refusal
Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 application process
To apply for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190, one must submit Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Check if you are eligible: Before submitting Expression of Interest check whether your occupation is one of those listed in Skilled Occupation List.
- Skill assessment: Your skill assessment is positive and you have scored 65 in points test and are eligible for The Skilled Migration Program. At this stage, your profile is scrutinized carefully by the relevant assessing authority based on your experience and competency. The skill assessment test enables the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to evaluate your skills for your occupation.
- Submit Expression of Interest: The next step to apply for the Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 is submission of Expression of Interest through Skill Select which is an online software. In Skill Select, you need to provide certain information regarding your education, skills and abilities, work experience and other relevant information.
- Wait for state nomination or invitation: The nomination process of each state in Australia is different and your nomination must be approved by a particular state for receiving the invitation. Following submission of Expression of Interest, you must wait for the invitation.
- Continue with visa application: Once you receive the invitation to apply for the visa, procure all your documents and submit your visa application. Keep in mind that you must lodge the visa application within 60 days from the date on which you receive the invitation.
Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 fee
At present, the 190 visa Australia fee is AUD 4045 but it is subject to change without any prior intimation. In case the visa fee is revised after you lodge the application and before your visa is finally approved, you need to pay the new visa fee.
Visa Subclass 190 processing time
It takes around 8 to 11 months for the visa subclass 190 to get processed.
The immigration rules and regulations in Australia are subject to change without any prior indication. So it is advisable to seek assistance from Immigration agent Perth to get through the 190 visa application process smoothly.