Soccer is an exciting sport in the world, and it also has a huge fan following. Several soccer tournaments are held throughout the year, and football fans wait to enjoy these exciting tournaments.
But there are some specific rules for playing the game. The international football federation (FIFA) looks after the laws, and organizers have to arrange the tournaments by following these rules. All participating members, referees, teams have to abide by them.
How long is half time in soccer, how long the game will be played, yellow card, red card, penalty, replacing players all are the parts of the protocols. Without following the protocols, the game can’t be played. So, let’s discuss how a soccer game is played:
Aim of playing soccer:
The object of playing football for any team is to be ended up as the winning team and make their game as entertaining as possible. So, the teams playing soccer target to score as many goals as possible.
Soccer is a game of 90 minutes, which is divided into two halves of forty-five minutes each. Now the question arises, how long is half time in soccer? After the completion of the first half, players get a break of fifteen minutes. This break is known as the half-time. The match referee can add extra time that will be wasted within the playing.
Players and tools:
As we have said earlier, football is a team sport where two teams play against each other. Each unit is comprised of eleven players played in various positions. The football grounds may not equal in size, but usually, the area is 120 yards breadth and 75 yards wide. The land is equally divided into two portions. Each portion will contain an 18-yard space in front of the goal post; a 6-yard box will surround it along with a center circle.
The two primary components of a soccer match are the ball and the ground. Other than that, the things players needed like boots, jerseys, and shin guards are also considered soccer equipment. Goalkeepers will have padded gloves to stop the ball from entering into the goals. Every team will have a captain.
When a team can pass the ball through the opponent team’s goalpost, it will score a goal. There is a line before the post, and the ball has to cross it to be considered a goal. The player can’t touch the ball with hands; they can use their foot or head to score.
How to be the winning side?
A scoring goal is not enough to win the game. It would help if you scored more goals than your opponent. If the number of goals remains the same after completing the entire match, the referee can go for extra times to declare the winner.
Extra time football is played for 60 minutes in two halves consist of 30 minutes each. If the scores remain level at that stage, the referee goes for a penalty shoot-out to decide the winner of the match. Each player needs to take a shot, and the goalkeeper will try to defend. In this way, the team that scores maximum goals by beating the goalkeeper is the winner of the match.
Rules to follow in a soccer match:
Here are some rules to play or arrange a soccer game:
- Every soccer game will be a 90 minutes match divided into equal two halves, that is, 45 minutes.
- There will be two teams with eleven players in each team. Every team will have a captain and a designated goalkeeper.
- The ground should be made of either natural or artificial turf. The size of the pitches can be different but not more than 100 to 130 yards in length and 50 to 100 yards in width. The rise should contain rectangular marks, two six yards boxes, a penalty spot, and a center circle.
- The soccer ball should be circular and have a circumference of 58 to 61 cm.
- The playing teams can prepare a list of seven substitute players. The coach of each group can make a substitution as their requirement.
- In every game, there will be a match referee and two assistant referees known as a linesman.
- A referee can show red or yellow cards to a player for committing fouls.
- The ball has to cross the goal line to be considered as a goal.
- If a player scores any goal from an offside position, it will not be considered a goal.
Discipline is essential to play any game and ensure the field; some rules should be there. These rules make the soccer game more enjoyable and exciting for the audience.