With the recent outbreak of COVID-19 in the world, there has been a panic all around. People also have been paying attention to preventive actions, such as handwashing, staying home when we are sick, and cleaning the surfaces that are commonly touched. It is known to everyone that we use smartphones every day and this is the type of surface that we touch every day but maybe neglecting. Even before this outbreak, there have been other researches that have proved that our cellphones can be carriers of microbial life forms, including bacteria, viruses, and fungi. A Lot of these are harmless, but there are also disease-causing organisms like the SARS-CoV-2 virus that can survive on surfaces of your smartphones for long enough and they can be transmitted to you or another person.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s important and advised that you clean commonly touched surfaces.
- We frequently use our phone’s touch screen.
- Use disinfecting wipes to clean the phone screens, but check with the maker of your phone first.
- It depends on how much exposure your smartphone has and how frequently you use it.
Also Read: Keto Diet for Beginners
Why do you need to clean your phone?
Is it really important to clean your phone if you are washing your hands? Washing hands is enough and you can control or prevent the virus from transmitting through the touch. But if you have to touch the mobile screen, again and again, all your efforts go into waste. Research says that on average a person touches their cell phone 2,617 times daily. In light of this fact, it is advised that wiping the screens of smartphones should be a part of your routine.
How to clean your smartphones?
First and foremost, you need to check the website of the manufacturer of your smartphone and see if it supports your using wipes to clean it. If it does not, you should not use the wipes otherwise they can damage your cell phone.
Although by keeping in view the current situation of COVID-19 mobile phone companies have given specific instructions to clean your phone. Here are some instructions are given by Apple to clean its products:
- You only have to use a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Do not wipe the phone excessively.
- Before cleaning, unplug all power sources, devices, and cables.
- Keep all kinds of liquids away from your device.
- Don’t allow moisture to get into any openings i.e charging port, handsfree opening, etc.
- You should avoid aerosol sprays, bleaches, and abrasives.
- Avoid spraying cleaners directly onto your device.
Any chlorinated bleaches etc should be avoided, disinfectant wipes are considered the best for cleaning purposes.