I thought about this and realized the adverse effects of equipoise far outweighs the potential benefit. Hence, one is better off without using it.
A number of people don’t know this but equipoise was originally a veterinary medicine majorly used on horses before it was banned due to its adverse and toxic effects.
Equipoise otherwise known as Boldenone Undecylenate is regarded as one of the most powerful androgenic anabolic steroids ever made. Why it’s popularity is even more widespread is because it is relatively cheaper compared to other anabolic steroids.
From observation, it was discovered that despite its toxicity, some people prefer this anabolic steroid to others that are even relatively safer because a single dose can last up to 4 weeks in the body system.
The long lasting effect is due to the presence of a long ester called undecylenate, which is attached to the molecule of Equipoise.
An adverse side effect attributed to the use of equipoise is acne breakout. In this article I will be shedding more light on this devastating side effect.
Acne break out is also referred to as steroid acne which like the normal acne otherwise called pimple occurs due to the inflammation of the oil glands in the skin and hair roots. For steroid acne, this inflammation is as a result of steroid use. Equipoise is an example of possible steroids that can cause this condition.
Steroid acne often shows up on the chest, the other parts of the body where it can show up includes: face, neck, back, and arms.
What are the symptoms:
The symptoms of steroid acne includes the following;
- small red bumps otherwise called papules.
- open and closed blackheads and whiteheads i.e. comedone
- large, painful red lumps i.e. nodules
- cyst-like swellings (pseudocysts)
- white or yellow spots (pustules)
The aforementioned are the primary symptoms, the following symptoms are secondary and will arise when you scratch or pick on the spots: red marks from recently healed spots, dark marks from old spots or scars.
How can steroid acne be prevented?
You guessed right. The best way to prevent steroid acne from happening is to reduce or completely stop the use of steroids.
But what if the steroids was recommended to treat a more serious health challenge? Then you will have no other choice than to continue using while having at the back of mind that you must treat acne in the nearest future.
You can also consider anti-acne diets to reduce the chance of acne break out.
How can acne be treated?
There are 3 important ways of treating an acne breakout caused by the use of steroids. They are oral antibiotics, Benzoyl peroxide and Phototheapy.
- Oral antibiotics of the tetracycline group can be used for severe and some moderate cases of steroid acne.
- Benzoyl peroxide, an antiseptic, is also very effective antiseptic in killing the acne bacteria and reducing inflammation. To get better results, use together with oral antibiotics even for mild cases.
- Phototherapy: There is evidence that shows phototherapy with blue and blue-red light is effective in treating acne.