People are born to work throughout their lives, not without any relaxation though. After we get around the initial phases of grooming and education, we all have to work, except we are plagued with disability.
Disabilities are illnesses that are either from birth or accrued due to an accident. They can be either physical or mental, which limit a person’s sensory or motor activities. Sometimes, they can be as serious as to restrict a person completely from working. Have you ever thought about such a situation?
The Social Security Administration (SSA) thinks about them and pays the disabled individuals cash benefits. However, there are certain criteria that you need to fulfill in order to claim the benefits.
Applying for the Benefits
If you are disabled and cannot work for your living, then you can apply for disability benefits online. Here are some guidelines that you need to abide by:
- You should be at least 18 years old or more.
- You should not be receiving any other benefits on your own Social Security record.
- You should be unable to work due to your disability, which shall be lasting for 12 months in the least our might result in death.
- You must not have been denied disability benefits in the last 60 days. If your application has been denied then you can go for the Internet Appeal application and thereby, request a review.
You can also apply for another kind of benefits for disability also known as Ssi Disability Lawyer Utah (Supplemental Security Income) benefits. You can go for an online application for SSI if you fulfill these criteria:
Also Read: Hydrolyzed Collagen
- You should be at least 18 years old and not more than 65 years
- You should never have been married.
- You should not be blind.
- You should be a U.S citizen, residing in one of the fifty states, District of Columbia or the Northern Mariana Islands.
- You should never have applied for SSI benefits.
- You should have applied for Social Security Insurance at the same time as your SSI claim.
After you have finished applying for disability benefits online, through the online process, a Social Security Attorney Utah representative will get in touch with you. You will be contacted through telephone or by mail in case any additional information is needed for the applications.
Documents You Will Need:
If you want to apply for disability benefits, you need to provide significant documents as well. Here are some of the important documents that you would need:
- You need to provide your Birth certificate or any other proof of birth.
- You must prove that you are a U.S citizen, or a lawful alien with a valid document, in case you are not born in the United States.
- S. military discharge paper(s), in case you had been in the military service before 1968.
- You should provide W-2 forms(s) and/or self-employment tax returns for the past year.
- You should provide medical evidence in order to justify your medical condition. This shall comprise of medical records, doctors’ reports, and recent test results if any.