If you have no other option other than refurbishing your office, then there are a few things to consider before you hire a company for refurbishing your office.
It is very important to hire the right company so as to increase your office space and exactly the type of work that will be required.
Here Are 10 Things To Consider Before You Hire A Company For Office Refurbishment-
Also Read: Lemonade Cleanse
- Choose a company that has plenty of experience in doing such type of work. Refurbishing can mean that you have to do a rearranging work in the office space while work is going on. Find out which companies have they previously worked for and how are these companies commenting on the work done by them.
- It is very important to communicate the same to the staff, HR department, landowner, and contractor about what is the exact office refurbishment work that will be undertaken and the time to complete it. It is very important to clear out any doubts and confusion in the mind of such parties.
- Take advice from the company about what is the best way to do the refurbishing work without causing minimum harassment to your staff and employees. After all, you would want the work to be carried out in a smooth way.
- Find out the budget you have after getting confirmation from the HR department. To find the best office refurbishment company you can compare the prices of two or three companies and then decide which one is the best and fits in your budget.
- Make a clear cut plan and organize the work procedure that will be undertaken. If you do not have any such plan of action during such a time then your office work for the employees will be hampered and your sales and revenue margins are sure to take a hit. Talk to the contractor about how the office refurbishment work will be undertaken in stages and plan accordingly for each phase of work.
- Conduct enough meetings with your staff and employees and in a clear cut way tell about the expectations that you have in mind for productivity in your mind. How much sales are or work do you want to see completed at such time? How are the employees planning to do the work and meet your expectations?
- Does the contracting company have the best and highly modified tools and devices to conduct the work? If your office has regular customer visits or particular times for customer transactions then make sure that the office refurbishment work is conducted less as possible in such customer hours. Ideally ask the company if they can work after the customer transaction hours are over.
- Talk to the landlord or the owner of the space and see the structural design of the office. You would ideally want to make the office refurbishment work as per the structural design of the company which would also make the work less harassing for your employees. Show the copies of the structural design to the engineers and the contractors to ensure that they can also plan accordingly.
- You will have to regularly update the day-to-day work being completed to the HR department and also to the employees.
- Make sure that all the employees get chairs, tables and proper place of work. Make sure that they have the right place for work.
Office refurbishment is a work that comes with a lot of responsibility. You have to look after your employees, productivity, and communications and the work being undertaken.