Did you know that cancer can affect more than 100 different body parts?
Cancer has 100 various degenerations and diseases associated with it. Most of these ailments are severe and can leave your body permanently damaged. The problem doesn’t end here; these degenerations multiply themselves and affect other portions as well.
Therefore, it is necessary to understand the types of cancer and what active cells they are likely to affect. Most cancer hospitals in India suggest that seeking an expert oncologist, specializing in one type of cancer is the best way of combating cancer.
Types of Cancer
There are hundreds of cancers, making it impossible to count them all. Therefore, medical experts and cancer hospitals in India have categorized cancers broadly into five different types, based on the type of cells they affect.
The types are:
Here is a brief introduction to these cancer types and their treatments available at some of the best cancer hospitals in India:
- Carcinomas are primarily a type of cancerous tumor arising in the epithelial tissues and linings of our internal organs.
- It is one of the most commonly occurring cancers and affects the lungs, skin, pancreas, breasts, and other essential organs and glands.
Carcinoma, when diagnosed, is generally treated using Invasive Surgeries and Medication.
- Sarcomas are degenerations occurring inside our connecting tissues and affect our body’s support.
- Can be found in any one of your bones or soft connecting tissues, be it muscle, fat, cartilage, blood vessels, or deep skin tissues.
Sarcomas are treated using several surgeries, followed by radiation therapies.
- Melanoma is the most severe type of skin infection, causing the degeneration of cells inside our cells named Melanocytes.
- Melanocytes produce pigmentation of the skin, and the cancer type is known to alter its process, thereby causing severe degenerations.
- The only thing separating Melanomas from Carcinoma is their ability to multiply and spread faster than any other skin cancer.
Melanoma can be treated using surgeries, radiation therapy, medication, or chemotherapies in rare cases.
- Lymphoma is the degeneration of active Lymphocytes that go out of control.
- The cancer type kills our body’s immunity by affecting the essential fluids of the organ system.
- Can be found in the cells of lymph nodes, spleen, bone marrow, and thymus.
Lymphoma’s treatment involves chemotherapy, medication, radiation therapy, and stem-cell transplant in some exceptional cases.
• Leukemia affects the production and working of leucocytes of WBCs (White Blood Cells).
• Usually found in the blood-forming tissues and bone marrows.
• Leukemia mars the cell reproduction of WBCs beyond control, making our body weaker and exposed to the attacking degenerative cells.
Leukemia’s treatment depends upon the extent of damage it has already done before diagnosis. For the early stages, the procedure only involves monitoring and a few medicines. While as the scene progresses, patients are first given chemotherapy followed by radiation and a stem-cell transplant.
Cancer is an age-old battle of humankind, and today’s medical science has found several combat techniques against it. However, the action is mostly fought inside the patient’s brain. It takes a great deal of courage to undergo the treatment procedure.
Hence, the need for diagnosis and expert oncologists is urgent for making the process a bit easier. An ideal combination of this courage and proper Medicare is what brings a chance of living in a cancer survivor’s life.