The medical world is touching the sky day by day. In dentistry, a number of new inventions and the latest technologies are introduced only to make our smiles beautiful and healthy. On that note, veneers are used by many people to preserve their natural teeth and enhance the grace of their smiles. A veneer is a sheet of composite and dental porcelain used to cover the natural teeth. Veneers can increase the beauty of a smile by unexpected shine veneers as well as protect the teeth from damage due to uneven eating or drinking lifestyle.
Which Types of Problems are Fixed by Dental Veneers?
Usually, veneers are used to cover the surface of teeth and increase our beauty but besides this, there are a few more problems that can be fixed by applying veneers such as:
- Pale teeth can be covered by veneers. Sometimes tooth changed their shade because of root canal treatment. Because of drugs and consumption of alcohol few stains take birth on the tooth. So, to hide all this discoloration veneers are used:
- To hide the tooth which is broken.
- Sometimes to fill the void between teeth, the dentist advised wearing veneers.
Every dentist followed the same method of operation but still there is a slight difference in the process or techniques used by the dentist. Dental Clinics apply a few different technologies and tricks that’s why they are leading in the dentist profession.
- The first step is very basic but very important is to do proper planning of surgery. The patient needs to inform the dentist which type of result he is expecting and how much he can pay. In the first meeting, the dentist will closely examine your teeth and if necessary they may also take an x-ray of your mouth and teeth.
- After examining your teeth, the dentist will trim enamel from the teeth so, that veneers can be applied easily. Trimming is directly dependent on the thickness of veneers.
- Now, your dentist will take an imprint on your teeth to prepare the framework of teeth. The frame of the teeth is prepared in a special dental laboratory and it takes one month to make up the veneers.
- After a few months, veneers are ready to apply. Before sticking the veneers permanently, the dentist put them temporarily to check up on the shape and size of the veneers and if any alteration is required he did that. Veneers are bonded on clean and polished teeth to avoid roughness; the dentist will clean your teeth thoroughly. Different cement is required for bonding the veneers to natural teeth.
- Once, the dentist was sure that your teeth are well cleaned and the veneers are ready to stick now he will proceed and fix the veneers carefully.
After fixing the veneers dentist advise you to follow up the visit for a couple of weeks to examine how the gums are reacting to the veneers.