Saffron is a herb grown on the crocus sativus plant. It comes from the flower which has three stigmas called saffron. These stigma parts of each part are picked with hands and dried to be used in food items. A very small amount is recommended and it is expensive than all other herbs. It has a soothing fragrance, bitter taste, and red threadlike in color and texture.
Researches have proved that saffron is good for healing because it stimulated tissue growth and reduces toxic by-products.
Healing properties of saffron:
It is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. On its consumption, it does not show immediate effects but when the chemical reaches the bloodstream it improves circulation. It removes the free radicals formed as a by-product of metabolism and thus reduces the oxidative stress in the body. On the other end, it also reduces inflammation of soft tissues to promote healing and make possible early recovery from acute infections.
- Crocin for the orange color
- Picrocrocin for the bitter taste
- Safranal for the fragrance
The healing properties of saffron are due to its constituents.
Health benefits of saffron:
Saffron has a generalized effect on the body as it improves, cardiovascular, digestive, neurological, hormonal, and reproductive health in both males and females.
- Neurological health:
- The antioxidant component of saffron called crocin helps reduce the chances of nerve degeneration.
- It improves memory, cognition and reduces the occurrence of seizures.
- A dosage of 30mg per day is proved by researchers to be a good treatment for Alzheimer’s disease and epilepsy.
- Psychological health:
- Crocin goes well with serotonin and hence improves mood and reduces anxiety.
- Moreover, the fragrance of saffron is used for treating depression when mixed with different oils in aromatherapy.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD) can be satisfactorily treated with the administration of saffron.
- It also promotes sleep.
- Cardiovascular health:
- Its antioxidant nature helps keep the blood PH in a normal range and reduces the blood cholesterol levels to a healthy amount.
- Makes oxygenation of blood easier and prevents hypoxic conditions.
- It works as an anticoagulant to make blood flow to the heart easier thus medications can reach easily their target site.
- Reproductive health:
- It keeps the mood swings away for females with PMS and also regulates the menstrual flow.
- A small of saffron assists in uterine contraction during delivery and help the mother by reducing the pain.
- In men saffron is specifically helpful in treating erectile dysfunction. ED can be treated with Cialis jelly, but in men who have any contraindication of seeking medical treatment, saffron is an effective option. Cialis jelly improves the blood circulation to the genitals and enables males to perform a normal erection. This medicine is easily available in Australia, you can buy Cenforce D 160mg from this website.
- Respiratory health:
- Help relieve asthma as it reduces inflammation of the airways and makes breathing easy.
- It is helpful in cough and bronchitis to dislodge mucous and clear airways.
- Also a good remedy for acute chest infections and pneumonia, because it improves the immunity against pathogens.
- The phytochemicals contained in this plant boost the immune system.
- It contains vitamins B and C, the essential components of a healthy immune system.
- It also holds anti-cancer properties, as it is an antioxidant, it helps to inhibit tumor growth as well.
- It protects the eyes against the harmful UV rays from sunlight and reduces the chances of blindness.
- Strengthens the cell membrane and delays macular degeneration because it contains carotenoids.
- Good for protection against, conjunctivitis, retinitis, day blindness, keratitis, excessive lacrimation, and red eyes.