Are you constantly troubled by the Blue Screen of Death, frame drops while gaming, and printing errors? If yes, then check your computer’s drivers. A driver is a software that decodes your instructions so that the hardware can execute them correctly. If the drivers are worn out, outdated, or missing, then your commands are not decoded properly and the hardware fails to comply with them. Therefore, it is essential to download the latest version of computer device drivers.
Downloading and updating drivers is an easy process. But, before moving on to that, you need to be clear about why the drivers must be updated in the first place. Below are some of the key reasons for updating device drivers.
The top reasons to download the latest version and update the drivers
As said earlier, it is crucial to download the latest version of the drivers and update them. Here we acquaint you with the reasons for which you should do it.
Also Read: Bone Broth Benefits
- A driver update helps you get glitches while playing high-end games
- Updating the drivers improves the PC’s performance and make even the age-old PC work like a brand spanking new model
- If you update the drivers, then your PC starts working snappily
- Updating the graphics drivers with the latest version makes the PC compatible with newly launched games with spectacular graphics.
These were a few benefits you can get by updating the drivers. However, the above list is not the end, and many other reasons to update the drivers can also be added to the same.
Now that you know why it is essential to update the drivers, let’s move towards the methods of doing the same. You can update the device drivers to the latest version using a few simple ways. We detail them in the next segment of this post.
3 Methods to download the latest device driver version
As said earlier, it is not tough to download and update the device drivers to the latest version. Even people with minimum technical knowledge can do it easily. And, now the availability of the best free driver updaters in the marketplace has made this task easier.
In addition to updating the drivers using the best free driver update software, you can also follow the methods explained below.
Method 1: Automatic download using Device Manager
You can download the latest driver version automatically using the Device Manager. Here are the steps to do it without any hassles.
- Click on the search icon in the start screen, type Device Manager in the search bar, and then choose the topmost result
- Double click the category of the device for which you want to update the drivers
- Choose Update Driver from the menu that appears
- After you click on Update Driver, Windows asks “how you want to search for drivers?” Select “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
After you complete the above steps Windows automatically looks for and installs the latest version of the device driver.
Method 2: Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website: In some cases, when the hardware manufacturer has only recently released the latest driver version, Windows may fail to find the same automatically. In such a scenario, you can download the driver directly through the hardware component manufacturer’s website. All that you are required to do is, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the hardware component manufacturer’s website. You can find the web address printed on the part’s box. But, if it is not written there, then Google the same
- Visit the website’s Support, Customer Service, and Downloads sections to find the latest version of the device driver
- Click on the driver file to download it
- Sometimes, the downloaded driver file comes in the zipped format and you need to unzip it. Thus, if the file is zipped, then right-click it and select Extract All to unzip its contents into a new folder. To make the driver update process easy for you, Windows names this new folder the same as the driver file you have unzipped.
- Search for the Device Manager on your PC and open it
- Locate the problematic device with a tiny yellow triangle.
- Select the troublesome device and then click on Action present on the Device Manager’s menu on the top.
- Once you choose Action, select Add Legacy Hardware from the drop-down menu that appears on the screen.
Once you have selected Add Legacy Hardware, put all your worries aside. Now, the Add Legacy wizard helps you complete the further steps required to download the latest device driver.
Method 3: Manual download using Device Manager: In addition to the above two methods, you can also download the latest driver for the hardware component manually using the Device Manager. Below are the most straightforward steps to do it.
- Open Device Manager on your PC
- Right-click the device with a yellow triangle and select Update Driver from the menu that appears
- After you click on Update Driver, Windows asks how you want to look for the drivers. Choose “Browse my computer for driver software”
- Click on the Browse option and then open the folder containing the device drivers
- Click on OK and checkmark the “include subfolders” box
- Lastly, click on Next to finish the process of downloading the latest device drivers for your PC.
These were a few simple steps to download the latest drivers for the computer. Hopefully, they work for you. But, if you find them tough to follow or for some reason, they don’t give you the desired results, then as said earlier, you may use the best free driver updater available in the marketplace to get the latest and compatible device drivers without any hassle. Lastly, we suggest you keep updating the drivers regularly as an updated driver adds years to even an age-old PC’s life.
Summary: It is crucial to use the updated device drivers. Thus, this post highlights the best methods to download the device driver’s latest version with ease.