Based on the fact that Yahoo has faced many audacious data breaches in the past years i.e., from 2013 to 2017; if you’re planning to delete your Yahoo Mail account permanently and looking for some guidance in this matter then you’re at the right place.
Here, in this blog, we’ve mentioned the steps about how you can delete your Yahoo Mail account easily along with that we’ve also discussed one more aspect of deleting a Yahoo Mail account permanently and for that, you’re required to continue reading this blog further!
How to Permanently delete Yahoo account
Though, you can surely delete your Yahoo account while having the security and security of your account data in mind; but, before permanently deleting your Yahoo Mail account, it is necessary to know that along with losing access to your Yahoo account, you also lose access to these—
- Your Yahoo! ID
- Your Yahoo Mail data
- Your Yahoo! Address Book data
- Your Yahoo! Briefcase data
- Your Yahoo! Small Business data
- Your Yahoo! GeoCities data
- Your Flickr account (such as your photo library, calendars, stats, and metadata) &
- Your HotJobs data
So, it is therefore suggested that, before deleting your Yahoo account, you must review your data and should have a backup of all your necessary Yahoo data.
To do so, what you can do is, download your Yahoo data of your different Yahoo products with the help of these given steps:
- Open the web browser and from there, go to the “Yahoo Privacy Dashboard” page.
- On the page, click on the ‘Products’ section and then, under it, click on ‘Yahoo Mail.’
- After that, adjacent to the Yahoo Mail option, click on ‘Mail Download Manager.’
- Then, you’re required to choose the data that you want to download by selecting from the type of ‘Yahoo Data’ option.
- And, once you’re done with it, simply provide an alternate email address in order to get yourself notified for the same.
- Lastly, click on the ‘OK’ button to finally request the download of data in front of Yahoo.
- Afterwards, you can easily download the data on your device using a third-party email client like Outlook when Yahoo notifies you to download the same.
Now, you’re good to go to follow the below-given steps to permanently delete your Yahoo account. So, let’s get started without wasting any further time:
Step 1: Open Yahoo Account Delete Page:
To do so, go to your web browser and in its search address bar, type “Delete Yahoo Account Page.” Then, on the page, enter your Yahoo’s username in the required text field and press the ‘Next’ button.
Step 2: Log in to Yahoo Email Account:
After clicking on the ‘Next’ button, you’ll be directed to the ‘Yahoo Mail Sign-in’ page and there, you have to enter your Yahoo’s password carefully in the required password text field. Then, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
Step 3: Verify your Identity:
In order to access your Yahoo account, you’ll be asked to authenticate your identity first and for that, Yahoo will send you a message on your registered mobile number (if you have an Account key setup). You need to click on that and along with that, you’ll also be asked to type the ‘Captcha’ code properly to make sure that you are a human and not a robot.
Step 4: Terminate the Yahoo Account:
As soon you are signed in, you’ll be provided with two options and to terminate your Yahoo account, click on “Terminate This Account” instead of “Return to Account Information.”
Step 5: Re-Confirm the Termination of Your Yahoo Account:
To do so, go through the page that reads— “Before continuing, please consider the following information” and read it
thoroughly. Then, enter your email address below the entitled text into the required field and press ‘Continue’ as well as the ‘Yes’ button to finally terminate/delete your Yahoo account permanently.
That’s it! Once you’re done with these steps, you’ll receive a message that reads— “Your account has been deactivated and scheduled for deletion.” It means, now, Yahoo will initiate the termination process of your Yahoo account.