A barn shed can be an extremely useful addition in your house, in which you can keep all your garden tools, kids’ toys, lawn care equipment, fertilizers, and more, organised and safe. It gives you a lot of storage space and becomes an attractive addition to your property, especially if you love to spend a lot of time outdoors. Here, we will discuss the benefits of having barn sheds in your house, and how to keep them maintained so that you can keep receiving these benefits for long. You can opt for backyard sheds, two-storeyed or even a backyard or garage shed to enhance the overall impact of the security within the living area.
Benefits Of Adding A Barn Sheds In Your House
Barn sheds are great options for homeowners of all types, thanks to all the benefits that they offer. Some of them are:
- Increased storage space: While barn sheds can be as big or as small as you like, most of them are large enough to fulfil your storage needs. They serve as an extra storage space to keep your lawnmowers, holiday decorations, croquet sets, gardening tools, pool accessories, and others for your family fun. these tools and instruments will not be affected by sun, rain or hailstorm and you can keep even the gardening seeds and saplings safe inside the barn sheds.
- Easy to convert: A well-maintained barn shed that you intended to use for storage can also be converted into a recreational house or a guest room with just a few minor changes made to its main structure. This is especially possible if it is a single storey structure, but loft barns are also strong enough to handle the weight of a few hundred pounds easily.
- Increased property value: As compared to other sheds people usually build in their backyards, barn sheds are much stronger, larger and better constructed. This means that they are worthier to property buyers and they may be ready to pay some extra bucks for them. You can even decorate the small barn sheds, and give them on rent. They can serve as small living spaces or as rented garages.
Maintenance Of Barn Sheds
Now that you know all the benefits of having a barn shed at home, it can be useful and beneficial only if you keep it maintained and organised. Here are a few tips to keep your barn shed in good shape for long:
- Keeping Pests Away: If you are storing organic materials in the barn with moisture, then the fly population may explode there and cause havoc. In order to keep that at bay, keep your barn dry and clean, and use larvicides, baits and sprays to keep them under control. Rodent proof materials are also available to make your barn permanently rodent-proof.
- Make Your Barn Shed Fire-Proof: Don’t smoke or throw cigarettes around the barn shed. Avoid parking any tractors or vehicles near it, as heat and backfire from their engine can quickly spark flames. Keep the electrical wiring thoroughly maintained, especially if you have rodents, as they may chew the wires and cause a fire hazard.
- Regularly Inspect the Roof: Use a pair of binoculars to scan the outside roof while paying attention to the intersecting walls, ridges and eaves. If your barn shed has a metal roof, then repaint it regularly to keep rust at bay. Repair any small holes or missing shingles immediately.
With all the benefits that barn sheds have to offer, keep them maintained using the maintenance tips mentioned above, and keep them intact for long. A well-maintained high-quality barn shed can last for a few decades without any problem. You can now bring components of customisable sheds and use the DIY methods also to assemble.