Looking for the options to study in Australia?
For those who are concentrating to study in Australia, following are the various visa alternatives.
Currently there are 8 subclasses of student visas.
Also Read: Benefits of Bone Broth
STUDENT VISA SUBCLASSES:
SUBCLASS 570- COURSE FOR INDEPENDENT ENGLISH LANGUAGE FOR OVERSEAS STUDENTS (ELICOS)
- This visa is for English language course I, II, III, IV Certification or non formal Australian award.
- It’s a prerequisite to apply for visa for the main course
SUBCLASS 571-PRIMARY / SECONDARY SCHOOL COURSE
- Its for primary, junior secondary, senior secondary school courses and secondary school exchange programs
Also Visit: Mehendi Designs
SUBCLASS 572 -VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING (VET)
- This visa is for I, II, III and IV Certification, VET diploma and VET advanced diploma.
SUBCLASS 573 – HIGHER EDUCATION
- This visa is for those looking at taking a bachelor degree, associate degree, graduate certificate, graduate diploma, higher education diploma, higher education advances diploma or masters on course basis.
SUBCLASS 574 – POSTGRADUATE
- Planning to do Masters by research or a doctoral degree? Then this visa is for you!!
SUBCLASS 575 – NON AWARD COURSES
- This visa is for non award foundation studies or other full-time courses or components of courses without an Australian award.
SUBCLASS 576 – DEFENCE AND AUSAID
- For those sponsored by Defence or AUSAID for your course then you can look upon this visa.
SUBCLASS 580 – GUARDIANS OF STUDENT
- Apply for this visa if you are parent or relative to a student in Australia to stay there as his/her guardian.
To apply for a bundle of courses, starting with a preliminary course (for example a English Course) which in fruition follows a main course (for example a bachelor degree), you need to apply for a visa for the main course. For the application of a visa, you have to provide proof of your enrolment in the course you opt including an offer letter from the university / training institute. Student visa for all the courses in the package will be granted only if you provide confirmation of enrolment in all the courses
STUDENT VISA CONDITIONS
- HEALTH INSURANCE
While in Australia you must have valid Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance
Course attendance in a must
- For Work
If you have work permission then upto 40 hours every 2 weeks you can work.There won’t be any working hours restriction during vacation. These limits vary upon your visa type and the rules have to be strictly followed.
Without work permission, you and your family members are not allowed to work until work permission is granted.
- ‘No Further Stay’ Condition
Some student visas are subject to “No Further Stay’ condition. It’s a condition which won’t allow the visa holder to apply for another permanent or temporary visa while you are in Australia. This case is usually for the courses with 10 months or less duration also for some other situations as well.
The applicant should check if this condition is imposed in your student visa
- Breach Condition
Students with less than 80% of course attendance or poor performance can result in cancellation of student visa.
Having doubts and needs more clarification?
Also Read: Hydrolyzed Collagen