If you’re facing issues with your HP Scanner then the below-mentioned guide is right for your help! Follow the given solutions to fix the HP Scanning issues in no time:
Solution 1: Give a Simple Re-start to your HP Scanner and Computer:
Sometimes a minor connection problem between computer and HP Scanner leads to HP scanning issues. So, check whether you have an improper connection between the two or not. If not then, in this scenario what works best is a ‘Simple restart. You’ve to restart your computer as well as your HP scanner simultaneously to solve the HP scanner not working issue.
- To do so, first, you have to disconnect your Scanner as well as your computer.
- Then, simultaneously restart your computer and your HP Scanner.
- Doing so will help your computer and your scanner to have a fresh connection with each other.
- That’s it! Now check whether doing so helps you to fix the issue or not. If not then, move on to the next method.
Solution 2: Enable the HP Scanner through The Firewall:
It can be possible that you’re facing the issue with your HP Scanner maybe because sometimes if your Windows firewall does not recognize the application or programs, it can stop them from performing. So, in this case, you need to enable the HP Scanner through Windows Firewall with using these steps:
- Choose the ‘Control Panel’ option from the Windows Search result and then open it.
- From it, click on the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ option in order to further click on the ‘Allow an App or Feature through Windows Defender Firewall.’
- After that, click on the ‘Change Settings’ and under it select ‘Allow another App.’
- Then, click on ‘Browse’ in order to open the list of programs.
- From the list, add the ‘HP Scanner’ and click on the ‘OK’ button. That’s it! Now, Windows Firewall will not stop your Hp scanner from scanning.
Solution 3: Re-install the HP Scanner:
There’s one more reason available that can create issues with your HP Scanner and that is your corrupted or out-dated HP Scanner drivers. So, to fix all your issues related to your HP Scanner, update the scanner drivers following these steps:
- First and foremost uninstall your previous HP Scanner driver and to do so go to ‘Control Panel’ and click on ‘The Programs and Features.’
- From the list, click on the ‘HP Scanner’ and then click right on it to select the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Once you’re done with the uninstalling process, simply go to the ‘HP Driver Download Page.’
- From there, download the correct HP Scanner driver as per your product & Operating System.
- Then, click on the downloaded file in order to re-install it with following on-screen instructions.
- Lastly, restart your computer as well as your Scanner.
That’s it! If you follow these steps correctly, you’ll be able to fix your HP Scanner issues without the requirement of HP support assistance.