The government has issued taxes on all your expenses and incomes be it in large or small scale. Direct taxes are levied on the money you earn at the end of every year, and it is popularly known as income taxes. Every lawful citizen of India has to pay the tax amount at regular intervals which is depending on net worth.
While big enterprise chooses to hire professional consultants to keep a record and file there Income tax returns on time, you can do it yourself through ITR filing online process. It is extremely easy a procedure and convenient because all it needs are a few clicks to pay your taxes.
Here are quick and easy steps on how you can file your income tax return online-
- You have to keep all the documents that you will be required to provide in front of you before logging in on the website. You will need to show scanned copies of your PAN number, Adhar card details, Form 16, payslips to prove your income, bank account information, TDS certificate and rent receipt. Along with all these, you will be requiring to provide your present phone number, existing email id for verification purpose.
- In the next step, you have to log in to the official website of the government, which is- www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. A page will open up from where you need to click on the option that says ‘register yourself’. This option will be available in the top right corner of the page.
- After you are done registering, a pop-up box will appear from where you need to select which type of user you are from the options of Individual, other than an individual, bulk PAN or tax verifications. You have to choose the right choice of user-type you belong to.
- When you have finished with the process of identifying your user type, you have to fill in with your identity details. You will be asked your PAN card number, Name, birth year with the date and other relevant information which may vary from one user-type to the other. Be very aware while filling up the boxes since the slightest of mistake can bring in extreme complications.
Also Read: Bone Broth
- Once the details have been filled, you have to press on continue. Next, another page will open where you have to provide all your personal pieces of information. Specified address along with the existing email-id and an optional email-id has to be given. Your phone number has to be provided so that you can be contacted anytime an emergency issue arises.
- The steps mentioned above were the process of registering yourself in the record of the government. The next time you want to do online income tax filing, you can click on log in, and you will be directed straight to the page where you can continue with the further procedure. You have to set up a login ID and password while registering yourself. Remember that for every future reference.
- After you have logged in to the website with the details, the computer screen will be loaded with your data and dates of your pending tex payments. You can click any dues, advance or fine by just clicking on the ‘click here’ option available next to all the notice. Be extremely careful while choosing the appropriate ITR form and putting in the right year of assessment; the period of which you are submitting the money.
- The next page will contain a space for digital signature which you need to fill in with either your full name or the initials and then click on the button that says ‘submit’. Also, before submitting, take a final look at all the credentials provided.
After you are done submitting, you will be redirected to a page where you will be provided with an online receipt as a token of your ITR filing online. Take a print out and use it for any further future reference.
Just follow the simple and easy steps to get done with your online income tax filing. It is useless to undertake the pain of hiring and creating a team to look after your returns while it can be done online, saving both your time and money, of course!