India is a beautiful country with a blend of different cultures, traditions, diversities, and languages. Every culture is given the same importance and value. The variety of cultures attracts thousands and lakhs of tourists to India every year. They enjoy seeing different traditions, the history behind every monument, festival celebrations, and many more. Not only culture, but you will find an amazing architectural building with amazing designs, and every building or monument, or palace has a story. The beauty of such monuments attracts the people to make a visit and know the history behind it. Among many, Jaipur is one of the well-known cities known for its beautiful pink shaded buildings, artisanal craftsmanship, block-printed textiles, and the gem trade.
The pink-tinged wall looks breathtaking and adds a majestic touch to the modern city. When it comes to Jaipur, everyone is fascinated by big buildings with detailed minor workmanship done. Wide-open roads add further charm to the city. When it comes to attractions, there are many like Amber Palace, Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal, Nahargarh Fort, Rambagh Palace, Jaigarh Fort, Albert Hall Museum, and many more. Every place in Jaipur is linked with an ancient history which makes the place more worth watching. There are many museums where you can see a variety of artifacts. Also, Jaipur is a great place for shopaholics as it is well-known for artificial jewelry, traditional clothes, handicrafts, articrafts, etc. Also, one can’t stop having the local food which is so mouth-watering; no one can resist having it. There are many hotels and resorts offering royal services so that you feel you are living in a palace. If you are planning to make a visit to Jaipur, make sure to do a research and know some things like culture, language, restrictions, weather, attractions, hotels etc, so that you can enjoy the best of your trip. Some of the points are mentioned below:
- Culture– Located in eastern Rajasthan, Jaipur is known for its amazing forts and palaces. The forts and palaces are known for their magnificent architectural workmanship. The building and monuments are made with pink sandstones which gives it the name of ‘Pink City. Jaipur is a city of art, music, lifestyle, and customs. The people of Jaipur are very welcoming and friendly. Their traditional outfit i.e. colorful Ghaghra with unique jewelry reflects their culture. They enjoy welcoming their guests in their folk dance in their traditional outfits. The famous dance forms are Ghoomar and Chari which is done by holding diyas in hands. Some traditional instruments like sarangi, ektara, etc are played along with the folk dance. You will love everything about Jaipur as everything is so welcoming and pleasing to the eyes. The food is amazing and will find street food around every corner. Also, if you are a fan of handicrafts or woodwork or ivory carved things, this is the best place to shop from. Overall, Jaipur has everything but in a unique and different way.
- Weather– During the summer months i.e. April to July, the temperature is very high and humid. The monsoon season starts in August and lasts till the end of September. The best month to visit Jaipur is from the month of October till February. The temperature stays between 5-15 degrees which is amazing to roam around. So the right time to visit Jaipur is in the winter season and you will see a great rush of travelers in these months.
- Language– The official language is Hindi but you will find locals speaking Hindi and Marwari as well. Their regional language is Dhundhari and Rajasthani. Very few of them also speak Urdu, Punjabi, Bengali, and Gujarati.
- Festivals– The pink city enjoys every festival and occasion with great enthusiasm. Some of the main festivals are the Gangaur festival, literature festival, kite festival. Teej festival, sheetla mata fair, chaksu fair, chat mela in Navratri days and many more. These festivals bring more happiness to the city.
- Food– You will get to eat mouth-watering food which includes dal bati churma, missi roti etc. The city is basically famous for vegetarian food. Many sweet cuisines are famous like ghevar, gachak, feeni, moong thal, etc.
- Attractions– You will get to see many palaces, forts, and monuments. The high monuments will make you wonder about the workmanship done. It is said that the rulers use to invite the skilled craftsman from other cities of India and abroad. There are many places where you will find amazing little details that will blow your mind and some of them are the amber palace, Hawa Mahal, city palace, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal, Nahargarh fort, Rambagh palace, Raigarh fort, Albert hall museum, etc.
- Hotels– There is many amazing resorts and palaces where you can enjoy the royal services and amenities. You will get an amazing hotel option when you will look for one. The best way to select the hotel is to find the right online platform where you can easily compare the prices and know the reviews of the people. Among many, Fairmont Jaipur is a 5-star hotel with amazing services. You can enjoy an outdoor pool with loungers and pool toys. Also, you will get a variety of room options and some of them are Fairmont room with bathtub and evening hi-tea, deluxe room with bathtub, high-tea and hill view, signature room with bathtub and complimentary hi-tea and pool view, and gold room with complimentary lounge benefits.
- How to travel– Jaipur is a well-connected city with other cities. You can easily travel via road, rail and air. Sanganer Airport is just 10 km away from Jaipur. Domestic tourists can easily travel from Mumbai or Delhi. International tourists can take connecting flights to Jaipur from Mumbai or Delhi airport.
So above are some of the points one should know if planning to visit Jaipur? Make sure to check online everything about the weather, hotel, etc to avoid the last-minute hassle. Also, book the hotel room online to not get disappointed in the end. It is always advised to book a hotel room in advance.