Data Analytics is the study of several Data Analytics approaches and procedures to understand the unstructured data to draw conclusions from it and analyze the behaviours/ patterns of the business products or customers.
In this digital world, every business requires Data Analytics to improve the insights of their data. Become an expert in Data Analytics and gain hands-on knowledge with this Data Analytics Certification. A professional in Data Analytics has various career opportunities in the current market. The following are the top career options in Data Analytics.
- Data Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Quantitative Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Marketing Analyst
- IT System Analyst
Now, Let’s discuss the top 9 career options in Data Analytics along with their required skills and the salary trends.
1. Data Engineer
A Data Engineer must be capable to develop, organise, protect, and manage databases, with a focus on security and integrity, stability and productivity, accuracy and dependability, and adaptability and mobility. They play an important role in any corporate Data Analytics department, as they are in charge of monitoring, optimising, controlling, and data extraction, retention, and delivery across the business.
- The skills required to become a Data Engineer are Hadoop, Spark, AWS, Azure, SQL, NoSql, ETL Tools, and Machine Learning.
- A Data Engineer’s average annual income is $127,725.
2. Data Analyst
A Data Analyst collects, and analyses data to understand the patterns of the data sets that assist in finding solutions to the business problems. A data analyst is responsible for gathering the data, cleaning the data, analyzing the data and implementing data visualizations such as graphs and charts. They are also responsible for data reporting.
- Probability, statistics, Microsoft Excel, SQL, R Programming, Python, Data Visualization, Machine Learning are the skills required for Data Analyst.
- A Data Analyst earns an average annual income of $69,959.
3. Data Scientist
Data Scientist is one of the most popular and trending professions in the data domain. Data scientists are in charge of gathering, preparing, and analysing data. You should also create models to solve business issues. Using data visualisation tools you need to provide information to other teams and stakeholders to make them understand the data easily.
- To become a successful Data Scientist you need to have skills like Python, Statistics, Machine Learning, AI, SQL, Spark, Hadoop.
- A Data Scientist earns an average of $119453 a year.
4. Quantitative Analyst
Quantitative analysts are professionals who solve financial risk management issues using mathematical or statistical approaches. They create and execute sophisticated models that companies use to make financial and commercial choices regarding things like fundings and prices.
- The average income for a Quantitative Analyst is $122940 per year.
- Quantitative Analysts should have skills like C++, Python, SQL, Big Data, Data Mining, Financial Modelling, Database Management.
5. Business Analyst
A Business Analyst assists an organisation in resolving business difficulties by utilising data analysis to understand plans and strategies, organisation records, innovation restoration records, and so on, and providing various lucrative business methods to solve the issues. They work closely with the development team to continuously review the product and they also work with the business team to improve their profits.
- A Business Analyst’s average annual income is $76343.
- The technical skills required for a Business Analyst are Microsoft office, Basic Programming Languages, Data Visualization tools, Data review, etc.
6. Machine Learning Engineer
Machine Learning Engineering is a professional option in sophisticated Data Analytics that combines Data Science with Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence skills. A machine learning engineer is responsible for creating software that executes prediction algorithms. Learn machine learning with a Machine Learning Tutorial and get an insight into various concepts of machine learning.
- A Machine Learning Engineer’s average income is $150906 per year.
- Applied Mathematics, Probability, statistics, Programming, data modelling, machine learning algorithms, AI are the skills required to become a Machine Learning Engineer.
7. Marketing Analyst
A Marketing Analyst’s job is to research market trends in order to forecast commodities and services revenues. A competent market analyst will be able to analyse descriptive methods, patterns, tactics, and competitiveness in order to boost their company.
- The skills for a Marketing Analyst are Data Analysis, PowerPoint, Market Research, Email Campaigns, CRM etc.
- A Marketing Analyst’s annual pay is $62040.
8. System Analyst
Systems Analysts assess whether the software, hardware, and the broader IT system meet their employer’s or a client’s business needs. They create specifications for new technologies and also assist in their implementation and monitoring. Analyzing existing infrastructure is one of the current job typical tasks.
- Skills like Data Analysis, strong Programming languages skills, Quality assurance, problem-solving skills are necessary to become a System Analyst.
- A Systems Analyst’s average annual income is $73960.
Statisticians use their knowledge of Statistical approaches and concepts in live situations to solve real-time problems. They are responsible for collecting, analysing, and evaluating the data to help with a variety of business decisions. Statisticians are in high demand across many sectors in today’s world.
- R Programming language, statistical data, logistic regression, Data analysis are the key skills of a Statistician.
The average annual salary of a Statistician is $97018.