If you have a taste in wine and your hobby is to collect wine, then this blog is for you. If you are looking for ways in which you can store wine at your home and show it to your guests, then this blog is for you. And if you think that you are worthy of a wine cellar and are prepared to hold it at your place, then this blog is for you.
Wine cellars for home require a lot of considerations to be made, the first and foremost among them being where to construct it. A wine cellar at home is, after all, no small thing. It should be spacious enough to hold your wine collection and provide them with suitable conditions to maintain their aroma and flavor.
Also Read: Hydrolyzed Collagen
Here are 5 strategic spots in your home that you can opt for your wine cellar design:
- Under the Staircase: If you have a staircase in your home, the space underneath it can be a great place for your home wine cellar design. A great way to save space, a wine cellar beneath the staircase serves as a great visual piece for your guests to stare at and admire. Go for wooden wine racks that will complement your staircase and provide a wholesome vintage feel.
- In your kitchen cabinet: If you have kitchen cabinetry, you can use it as a wine cellar too. This is more often suggested for those who have a comparatively smaller collection of wines. Oftentimes it is found that kitchen cabinets serve to be a great place for wine cellars for home; the reason being the former’s availability in various styles and finishes. Moreover, it also provides a safe place for wine storage. Opt for this and there is a high chance of you being surprised, more than you had expected, at the result.
- Kitchen island cellar: Another great option of incorporating your wine cellars for home in your kitchen is by opting for a kitchen island cellar design. It enables you to not only store the wine at hand’s reach but also share it with your family and friends as you have a great time over your meals. This removes the dilemma of opting for a specific spot for storing your wines.
- The Store Room: Frankly speaking, a storeroom is one of the best places to design a wine cellar at home. The cool dark surrounding is perfect for the wines as it allows them to age better and maintain their taste for longer periods of time. Based on the size of the storeroom, you can decide the size of your home wine cellar design. There are many wine cellar manufacturers that provide wine cellar racks, doors and even furniture. You can put to use the floor area of the storeroom to enjoy your favorite tasty wines with your guests in a perfect luxe manner.
- The Basement: If you have a basement at your home, you can use it to store your wine cellars for home too. The space available can be a great place for ample storage of wines. Basements, just like a storeroom, have more dark surrounding which is again a great place for the wines to retain their taste and vigor. Many basements are found under the house which makes it better to avoid vibrations that can coagulate the wine and ruin the taste. However, in earthquake-prone areas, it is better to have them in storerooms or anywhere else at a higher level to avoid vibrations.
Many wine cellar manufacturers offer not just wine cellars, doors, racks, and furniture but also provide repairing and restoration of your wine cellars. If you already have a wine cellar at home, they can restore them effectively to give you the best home wine cellars designs.