Each one of us has a unique set of knowledge & experiences. It’s beneficial for others if we decide to share them with the world in the form of an online course. It undoubtedly benefits others, as well as, generates additional income.
However, budding online course creators don’t have much idea about how to go about marketing their online course. It seems like a tedious task. However, in reality, it really does require a few basic steps to get started with.
Hence, before moving ahead with the marketing of your online courses, do tick this 3 step process.
Step 1. Establish yourself as an expert in your field.
We want to earn from people or institutions which are recognised. That’s why educators with advanced degrees with reputed institutions are often categorised as experts in the field. However, that’s not a necessary thing to do, in order to establish your authority.
You can achieve the same result by building some buzz & expertise around your name
- Make a list of your accomplishments. The awards that you have won, degrees or certifications, publications, & coverage. Compile them all & include in the “About Educator” section of your online course website. Include them in other prominent places like your landing page & LinkedIn profile.
- Consume and create content on the go Learning should never stop. Irrespective of how much you already know about a field, keep upgrading your knowledge. At the same time, start to create content consistently about your course topic. If you create the free content of value, people will begin to consume them. At the same time, they will begin to see yourself as a “go-to person” in your field. Publish these content on various forms in various online platforms.
- Participate in online conversations. There are Online Communities like Quora or Reddit where people come to seek knowledge. Find the relevant questions & give valuable answers. Your advice would help your target audience & they will look forward to knowing more about you.
When you begin the process of pre-selling, you will already have the credibility established.
Step 2. Get to know your target audience personas.
You should build your buyer personas, first & foremost. If you don’t know what your target audience looks like, you will not be able to reach out to them. Answer the following questions to build your audience personas:
- Where do they hang out online?
- Their age bracket?
- What influences their course buying decisions?
- Why does this topic interest them?
- What are their pain points?
- Do they make money? How much?
- Their demography.
When you create a list of qualities & facts based on your own research, you would be able to reach out to them easily, through a structured plan.
Step 3. Find out a specific solution for your target audience.
So, you have established your authority in front of your target audience. Practically, your online course has started to market. Now, in order for them to take out their cards & invest, you need to go a step ahead. An online course won’t just sell like that. In this step, you compel your audience to invest in it because it’s just too right for them.
Let’s say that your target audience is freelancers who want to gain financial freedom. You know that they don’t work outside the home. They mostly work from the home office & they are struggling with the inflow of clients.
Now, you must provide a solution for them.
Create a course (course selling website) on “Gain Financial Freedom By Working From Home”. In this sentence, we have to narrow down our course topic to appeal specifically to our target audience:
If you have done these steps well, you are already in a great place to begin. To make sure that your whole online course selling process is smoother, try to unite all your efforts under a single umbrella. Use online course platforms like Spayee to make sure your online course selling process is smooth. Thank me later!