Until now, the treatments available for BPH or benign prostate hyperplasia were restricted to medicines, such as 5-alpha reductase inhibitors or alpha-blockers. In addition to this, many different surgical procedures are available for like the transurethral section of the prostate or, more commonly, TURP. This is amongst the most prolonged and most effective surgeries available for the rectification of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
What Is The Turp Approach?
A transurethral re-sectioning of the prostate is amongst the most common surgical procedure which works on the principle of the endoscopy. In this process, an excellent tubular camera is a slit through the tip of your penis until it reaches the urethra. Later, it passes through your bladder for removing the presence of any excess tissue present lining it.
During the initial stages of this enlarged prostate treatment, urologists examine your bladder to detect for the presence of any bladder tumors or stones there. If there is no problem being identified, your urologist will slit an electrical loop through your urethral lining, which will further move close towards the area where your prostate tissue presses against your urethra. With the help of the loop, excess of the tissue presence is removed from the prostate area. The electrical loop helps in regulating the blood flow when you are undergoing this surgical procedure.
Also Read: Beef Bone Broth
Recovery Post Enlarged Prostate Treatment Process
- After undergoing enlarged prostate treatment, you will be living with a urinary catheter post 1 to 2 days after your surgery. After two to three days of discharge, your urologist will ask you for the next visit to remove the catheter.
- Once you return home, it is a frequent observance that you might face bloody urine. This may sound like an alarming signal as it is just a scab of waste materials being flushed out from your surgical wound. If your urine develops an intense red coloration, you will be in need to seek an immediate appointment with your doctor.
- After discharge, make sure you take sufficient bed rest. Also, it is advisable to consume plenty of fluids, which will help in flushing out all the unwanted blood deposits, thereby preventing the formation of a clot. If the lump is not removed within the sufficient period, it may end up blocking or obstructing your urinary tract.
- It is also advised that you should avoid driving and lifting heavy objects.
- Avoid straining yourself when you want to move your bowels.
- If you are facing constipation problems, consult with your doctor to seek the best possible medical advice.
What Are The Side Effects Of Accomplishing An Enlarged Prostate Treatment?
Within the first few months of undergoing the enlarged prostate treatment, you will experience a urethral discomfort. Sometimes, it may result in a strong urinary flush, which may soon become out of control. As soon as your catheter is removed, your surgical area will remain exposed. This may result in painful situations while you urinate. However, after a certain period, your urine flow will soon stabilize, and uncontrollable urination will subside.