Italian cuisine is one of the most popular cuisines in the Australian household. Whether it is spaghetti Bolognese, a cheesy lasagne or a chicken and mushroom penne pasta, Italian dishes have been a staple in kitchens around Australia. With a focus more on healthier foods and rising health issues such as gluten intolerance, eating your favourite dishes isn’t always easy. To help out, here are the best recipes to cook with gluten-free Australian made pasta to ensure you don’t have to miss out.
Mushroom and cheese cannelloni
Not only is this dish vegetarian, gluten-free and made with Australian made pasta, it also absolutely delicious and a treat for the whole family!
- Garlic (minced) x 3 cloves
- Cheese (shredded) x 1 cup or to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil x 2 tablespoons
- Diced tomatoes (canned) x 400g
- Gluten-free cannelloni tubes x 12
- Swiss brown mushrooms (quartered) x 375g
- Sour cream x ¾ cup
- Fresh rosemary (diced) x 2 pinches or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Wash the mushrooms under running water. Once cleaned, slice the mushrooms into quarters or to your liking.
- Then peel the garlic cloves then mince the garlic or dice into small pieces.
- Grab a frying pan and add in the extra virgin olive oil. Sauté the mushrooms with the rosemary for about 5 minutes. Once done, mix through with the sour cream.
- Grab a baking tray and line with baking paper.
- Spoon in the mixture into each gluten-free cannelloni tube and place side by side into the baking dish.
- Pour over the diced tomatoes and then top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for around 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Creamy spinach and tomato penne
Searching for a healthy dish that is gluten-free, incredibly delicious and made with Australian made pasta? Then look no further!
- Chili pepper flakes x ½ teaspoon
- Stewed tomatoes (canned) x 400g
- Egg x 1
- Garlic (minced) x 2
- Egg yolk x 1
- Pepper x 1 pinch
- Salt x 1 pinch
- Basil leaves (fresh) x 2 handfuls or to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil x 3 tablespoons
- Mayonnaise x ¼ cup
- White onion (diced) x 1/3 cup
- Gluten-free penne x 250g
- Grab a frying pan on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Sauté the onion, chilli flakes and garlic for about 2 to 3 minutes then set aside.
- Grab a pot and cook the gluten-free penne according to the packet’s directions. Drain the pasta, rinse with cold running water.
- Add back into the pot along with the extra virgin olive oil and mix. Crack the egg into the pot and gently mix through.
- Add in the stewed tomatoes, salt, pepper, onion and garlic. Mix well.
- Take a bowl and add the egg yolk and mayonnaise. Mix until fully combined.
- Then add it into the pot and gently stir until creamy.
- Line each bowl with the basil leaves before serving.
Search online for a gluten-free foods supplier to find some delicious Australian made pasta and continue to enjoy your favourite dishes!